[Towertalk] HDX-555 specs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HDX-555 specs
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:56:26 EDT
In a message dated 6/26/02 6:37:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time, w9jcc@juno.com
writes:

> If you have Excel on your computer I will send you a spreadsheet that is
>  already set up for the HDX-555. You simply need to input your antenna
>  parameters (wind load & height above the tower) and height of the tower
>  (21' to 55') at about 5 points to generate a wind Velocity vs Tower
>  Height profile for a constant bending moment at the base. I ran into the
>  similar dilemma, as I have several antennas stacked up to 16 feet above
>  the tower (not at the specified 1 foot)

    So you're an engineer and used engineering calculations in your
spreadsheet? What assumptions did you make? Does it conform to any kind of
accepted engineering or construction specs? What formulas did you use?

    I'm not an engineer but want to understand and be familiar with the data
and methods.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -