[Towertalk] Lost My Tower Tuesday

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lost My Tower Tuesday
From: (Ford Peterson)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:11:27 -0500
Kim wrote:

> We drilled three 3" or 4" holes (I can't remember exact diameter) about
> a foot deep and then set the legs. About a week to cure and up went the
> tower.

Sounds like it would hold, BUT....

It seems to me that one missing piece is the drainage.  What about moisture
accumulated inside the legs?  Where is it going to go?  I live in Minnesota.
Those legs would fill with water (even from condensation) and split
end-to-end at the first hard frost and right at the transition from concrete
(glue?) to air

Florida or Texas might be a good gamble.  Anywhere else and you are on your

My $0.02