[Towertalk] The Basics

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] The Basics
From: bruceosterberg@msn.com (Bruce Osterberg)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:30:10 -0500
Hello:

Sometimes we forget the Basics.   I was unlucky enought to have the local
representitive of the Home Owners association come up to me today and asked
me if I was going to take my "ham Radio antenna Down, as no antennaes were
permitted in this GOLF community".   Well I took the antenna down (cushcraft
2 element 5 band beam) and it was only at 18 feet.

Guess what, I worked the P5, the YA5T, etc.  But time to move on.  It was
not the Cushcraft that worked the P5 or Ya. it was a simple Dipole at 50
Feet.  That was cut for 40 meters, or a 3/2 dipole on 15 meters.  This
antenna played.  In the midwest W9 land, we say this is a DX dead zone, not
so, we just need the proper resources, and a few good elmers to get the
antennas up and radiating properly.

I love this group, but sometimes for those who do not have the resources or
the property to put up a great antenna, we still get out!!

Bruce N9BX 73