[Towertalk] 'Toes' of a tower concrete base

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] 'Toes' of a tower concrete base
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 00:37:16 -0400
Dave et al:

     My response below (again.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F
-----Original Message-----
From: David Jordan <>
Cc: <>;
<>; <>
To: <>
Date: Saturday, June 29, 2002 11:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Towertalk] 'Toes' of a tower concrete base

>Sorry Gene,
>I'm not impressed... or swayed by 1.64, etc.

Wasn't trying to impress you, Dave.

You have you  fun with
>your books and calculations and you spend all the money you want on soil
>engineers, tests, etc. I'll get the tower up work a bunch of stations
>and have a good time.

As did I, and I'm having a blast!

>SOmetimes you can't make a great thing better....ask someone at IBM!
>I don't recall anyone saying he should use a 7x7x7 hole...6x6x6 would be
>fine or even 5x5x5.
And you say this based on what?

>You keep playing with the numbers Eugene...I think you really enjoy that
>aspect of this hobby!

I sure do enjoy it.  It's why I went to enjuneering skool.

>Some folks just take all the amateur our of radio!!!

Tower construction isn't one of those places where I'd want an amateur to
design one  for me.

And to you!
Gene Smar  AD3F