[Towertalk] KLM Tribanders

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] KLM Tribanders
From: (KC2TN)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:27:56 -0400
Hi Bill,

        I'm about 90% complete on a rebuild/upgrade of a KT34XA to a KT36XA.
a job!)

        I had to purchase a new balun from m2 because the ferrite core in the
one was shattered into a thousand pieces when I got it on the ground. I have
no idea what caused that? Lightning, banging it when removing the antenna??

        But I still had the old balun and there are no markings to indicate +/-,
nor are there any references to +/- in the original assembly manual.  There
is also no info on stacking these in the original manual either.

        On the new balun (from M2) there is a  marking on one of the terminals
looks like an = sign above and below the terminal.

        Don't know if this helps or not ...Just more info.

Joe - KC2TN