[Towertalk] 95' limit fair?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 95' limit fair?
From: Mel Martin" <ve2dc@rac.ca (Mel Martin)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 07:47:39 -0400
Surely you don't expect to build a major contest station in a residential
subdivision?
This is as unreasonable as a 35' limit. 95' is higher than the vast majority
of amateur installations.

Most competetive contest stations are in rural areas.

 Re your "competitiveness"... do you limit yourself to 1500Watts? I'm sure
you do... but 5KW would be better ;-). The fun is in doing as well as
possible withing the limits we have to work. If you want to "win", you will
need a few acres in the boonies.... or better yet, in the Carribean...