[Towertalk] Fw: Vertical Monoband Log periodic Antenna for contesting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Fw: Vertical Monoband Log periodic Antenna for contesting
From: wally@el-soft.com (Valeri Stefanov)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 12:30:03 +0200
Ok Tom,

What the theory is saying as far as I know is that after first or second
reflection of the signal it does not matter what the polarisation of the
signal was at the beggining.
What seems interesting for me with vertical log periodic antennas is that
one can use only two antennas to cover almost 360 deg while vertical angle
is within acceptable range for DX work and working locals as well. Also one
will use just two coax cables and will cover all higher bands with still
acceptable gain especially on 15 and 10m. To build such an antenna one needs
only one tall support structure and with two antennas for 360deg coverage
you are saving a good amount of money because you'll not need a rotator !
Visit http://www.antenna.be/lpv.html
and I'll be interested to hear your or others comments.

73's de Wally LZ2CJ