[Towertalk] HAM-M rotator info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] HAM-M rotator info
From: w2rds@arrl.net (Rick Stoneking)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:26:14 -0400
All,

I have aquired a HAM-M rotator and I am looking for some information/help.

First, does anybody have the manual/schematics that they could
scan/email/mail a copy to me (or know if they are online someplace)?

Second, I hooked it up and confirmed that it works, but because it had been
up for a while I decided to open it up.  The bearings are dirty and the
grease is old and 'gunky' so I want to clean up the bearings and the
plastic bearing retainer and put in new grease.  Does anybody have a
recommendation on what to use to clean up / remove the old grease form the
bearing retainer?  Is there any particular type of grease I should use?

Last, is it possible to use one of the new (newer?) style control boxes (
brake release switch in between the CCW and CW buttons) instead of the
small rotator with the switch on the bottom that you move left/right to rotate?

Thanks to all who respond.

73 de W2RDS
Rick