[Towertalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing
From: Mark <AA6DX@arrl.net> (Mark)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:09:02 -0700
If you go to your local BEARINGS store .. which, there will be most likely
in your area... don't deal with a "newbie" .. get someone who knows the diff
between  a pillow block, a ??? ,, etc ........  it is possible to get a true
"thrust bearing", which may not meet your needs, but can be fixed by a local
machine shop .. for a very few bux .. making the interior diameter what you
want, and install all the "tightening bolts" you wish .. I have been there,
done that .. with good results, and saved bux over the cost of the TBs
offered by tower folks.. but, beware .. ya gotta get a   T H R U S T
bearing!   73...  Mark   6dx