[Towertalk] Guy Wire Tensioning-WAS Lost My Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Wire Tensioning-WAS Lost My Tower
From: n2mg@eham.net (Mike Gilmer)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 23:38:33 -0700
When I use preforms (generally 3 at a time) as temporary grips, I paint =
them with day-glo orange so I know never to use them for permanent =
installations, but they can be used several times effectively.  Right =
now I have several of the puny utility grips in that service.  No love =
lost when I throw them out!

-Mike N2MG

In a message dated Fri, 12 Jul 2002 9:38:49 PM Eastern Standard Time, =
weightdn@adelphia.net writes:

> The question of the moment is, what is a good way to grip 3/16 guy =
wire with
> a come-along to get the initial tension on it? I plan on using =
preforms on
> the guys if that has any bearing on methods.=20

    The easiest thing is to use one PreForm as a temporary and then=20
just throw it away when you're done. Just hook the comealong to it -
you don't have to wrap it the whole way.=20

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---