[Towertalk] Newbie Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Newbie Question
From: ac7nj@bentonrea.com (ac7nj@bentonrea.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:57:52 -0700
Troy,
You have asked the biggest and most controversial questions in amateur
radio. Money is normally the limiting factor. 7/8" heliax is over kill
on HF it would be like using a Boing 747 for two passengers, but on VHF
it starts to become necessary and 440 essential.
Antenna question: multi band antennas are a compromise. With your tower
you have many choices, 160M and 80M bands many people use a vertical on
stand offs from the tower. The inverted "V" is the most popular for the
40M band a tri band yagi is the most popular for 10, 15, & 20M

Randy
AC7NJ