[Towertalk] 160 Meter Sloper

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 160 Meter Sloper
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 16:13:52 +0200
Bill,

it' won't work properly.
The slooper is a sort of a slant, upside down GP antenna.
To make it working then you need all the metal (large antennas) that's on
the tower top, grounding the wire that comes down from the pulley isn't
effective.
If you dont' ground the coax at tower top, better you plan an inverted V
dipole, or eventually (I would choose this option) an inverted L trying to
keep as much as possible horizontal the high wire.

73,
Mauri I4JMY