[Towertalk] Cable Ties?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cable Ties?
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 23:08:32 +0000
Mike
Forget the cable ties, a cheaper solution is to go to Home Depot, Lowe's etc
and buy a roll of 14/2 house wire. Get the stuff for outdoors and it will be
UV resistant.
When you get it home unroll the wire ,slit it down the middle and remove the
bare copper wire( save this for another project) now you have twice the
amount of wire you bought ie if you bought a 50' roll you now have 100'of
wire.
Figure out how many ties you need and cut this many 6" pieces wrap the piece
of wire around the tower leg and the coax then twist it together on the
inside of the tower leg. This way when you climb the tower the next time
your lanyard won't snag on the wire.
Another use for this wire is it makes great dipoles. I have an 80 meter
inverted V I made for my first antenna 9 years ago and except for the dirt
and grime that has accumulated in it is still in good shape.
73
Rick
KC5AJX

I am looking for a good (read cheap) price on releasable, UV resistant,
black, Panduit, PRT3H-L0, 10" long, .25" wide, cable ties.  Best I've found
so far is Newark @ about $60/100 (still looking for a little better price).
I use these for lacing coax and control cable in aerial runs and also going
up the leg of a tower.  I also use tape but I change things here so much
that these releasable ties make it easier.

Thanks,

Mike W9RE