[Towertalk] Cutting Plate?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cutting Plate?
From: mjwetzel@comcast.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 21:29:33 -0500
Thanks for all the past help, one last question.

My sawzall type saw quit working on me a few months ago (burned up the
rotor, not replaceable) and I want to invest in a saw that can cut 3/8" x 8"
aluminum plate.   In the past the sawzall evidentially got me through it,
albeit not the best (kind of wore through it).  I have a small 3" x 6"
cutoff saw but this cannot (no matter how you rig it) cut the 3/8" x 8"
plate.  Kind of hard to justify spending $500 or more on something but does
anyone know any other saw that might do the job?  I've looked at cheap band
saws at Menard's, Lowe's and Homedepot and I doubt if they will do it even
with a fine pitched blade.  Any suggestions?

Mike W9RE