[Towertalk] Cutting Plate?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Cutting Plate?
From: (Richarde M. Gillingham)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:47:52 -0400
My Delta compound miter saw has clamping capabilities..  I use it
frequently for cutting aluminum stock.  Works well.  Uses a carbide
tipped steel blade.
Not an abrasive cut off.

Aluminum will indeed clog a grinding wheel.  I don't know about causing
it to break up, though.  It takes a heap of 'dressing' of the wheel to
return it to usable for steel.  Best not to run it against aluminum..

When I need a large plate, I have the dealer I purchase from (in Miami
it's Simmons.  Aluminum and stainless products) shear it to size for me.

Good luck