[Towertalk] OT--Homeowner's Architectural Committee TV show

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] OT--Homeowner's Architectural Committee TV show
From: ww5l@gte.net (Tom Anderson)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:21:11 -0500
Fellow tower talkians:

http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/episode/0,1101,BDRE_episode_17205,00.html

This has nothing to do with an  antenna or tower, but for an interesting view
of how a homeowner's
association architectural committee works, or doesn't work, the above link
should prove interesting in
addition to a televised meeting of one committee meeting.

Next week on the Home and Garden Channel (HGTV) on the program "Dream House"
the program will be
devoted to a couple who has been trying to build a house in a restricted
housing development and the
problems they and their architect go through meeting and dealing with the
Homeowner's Association
Architectural Committee.  My XYL Cheryl (WY5H) watches this channel all the
time and just happened to
see the sound/video byte on next week's program tonight (7/22).  The quick clip
showed one member of
the committee mouthing off "we've never allowed anything like this before why
should we start now.",
while their architect argues the committee has no legal standing.  My XYL said
from the teaser
sound/video byte the committee meeting may get rather heated.

According to HGTV's program schedule, this program airs July 29 at 10:30 p.m.
Eastern and at 1:30 a.m.
July 29.  Our cable system shows it on channel 62 on expanded basic cable, but
check your local
listings to see if it is offered in your area either on cable or via satellite.
 Also the above web
link will give you additional information.

73 de Tom, WW5L