[Towertalk] mobile antenna matching problem

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] mobile antenna matching problem
From: (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:11:48 -0300

Maybe your spare tire isn't grounded?
Just a thought.
Gotta get that baby grounded.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Puharic" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2002 11:34 PM

I put a new antenna mount on my honda crv today. the mount is about 3'
angle aluminium stock, with a hamstick mounted at the top. the
aluminium is held against the spare tire by 2 long bolts, and the
bolts are anchored on the back of the tire mount by 2 other pieces of

when i used this antenna on my blazer, it was a perfect match at 14.2
mhz.  now it matches 1:1 between 13.2 and 13.7 mhz. lengthening and
shortening the whip does nothing, since the swr climbs to over 5:1 in
the 20 meter band.

although the swr is high, signal reports find the audio is clear with
no signs of distortion (so no rf getting into audio). i did not try a
ground but the lack of distortion and rf seems to indicate this
probably wouldnt help.

anybody have any ideas? thanks all...

additional 5 percent off
any weather station price.