[Towertalk] RE: Rats with wings

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] RE: Rats with wings
From: f5vhn@yahoo.com (Ffive VHN)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:35:39 +0100 (BST)
Modelled it ? We used to see it happen !!
Well, we used to see the feet that were left.
I used to work for the BBC world service
transmittions.
We used to have Mega watts EPR from our curtains
arrays. These arrays were all fed with open wire
feeders, (VERY VERY long runs).
The birds used to love sitting on these lines.
We used to switch the arrays depending on the
direction and frequencies in use. So the birds would
settle when they were not in use. However when we
switched the arrays on .....
Fact, there were standing waves on these lines and you
could actually "see" what frequency was in use by the
clusters of birds feet that we left at every SWR peak.
Measure the distance between feet clusters .....

Now all we need  are steam (not water) cooled amps the
size of a large room, a mile or so of open wire feeder
and lots and lots of VERY large mast, separate power
feed from 2 different power stations and you to can
cook pigeon.

Robert
F5VHN@yahoo.com

PS It would not be a good idea to squirt your water
pistol on these arrays!!!  Just taking a leak up
against a wire fence can give some RF burns you really
don't want to think about. There was a lot os RF
floating around.

PPS had a "friend" once who tried to hook up his
microwave oven to a dish , to 'cook' the seagulls that
landed on his roof. Don't know what became of that or
him.