[Towertalk] Coax ground at tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Coax ground at tower
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:17:19 -0600
With a 115 ft coax run, the maximum loss in RG213  will be
around 1.5 dB at 28 MHz and 1.0 dB at 14 MHz.

Low Loss Coax will save you at most 1 dB (for 0.3 dB /
100 ft cable) and only 0.5 dB for 0.6 dB/100 ft cable at 28 MHz.
Low loss cables offer the most benefit when line lengths exceed
200 ft.

Tom  N4KG