[Towertalk] elusive Codes info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] elusive Codes info
From: ac7nj@bentonrea.com (ac7nj@bentonrea.com)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:01:42 -0700
Jim,
I'll give my best guess as I'm not able to go to AZ to verify my answer.
UBC (uniform building code) is at your local law library. IBC-2000 is
likely an addendum or supplement to the building codes. Building codes
are state law if I remember correctly and "State a MINIMUM STANDARD".
COUNTY AND CITY GOVERNMENT MAY ADD TO BUT NOT SUBTRACT FROM the building
code. County and city law are usually called ordinances. The clerk at
the law library will usually help you find these things. (because they
don't like you looking around your not an attorney). The law library is
a PUBLIC ACCESS LIBRARY.

Randy
AC7NJ