[Towertalk] Rohn 25G foundation requirements

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Rohn 25G foundation requirements
From: (Mike Morrell)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:20:18 -0400
I am going to install an unguyed, free-standing 30' high Rohn 25G tower =
and wish some information about various foundation requirements. =20

Some info I gleaned from the Rohn website state that I should imbed a =
short section of 25G in a  4' X 4' X 4' deep block of concrete =
reinforced with # 7 rebar on a 12" pitch/grid pattern.

Others at the local club suggest using the Rohn 25G self supporting  =
1/2" thick plate that is anchored at  it's  corners with 5/8 " anchor =
bolts imbedded to a concrete block.

My plans for the tower are as follow:  1) the lightest HAZER system, 2) =
a CDII rotor and 3) a Mosley Mini 33 triband.=20

The Mosley published loading is 2.5 sq. ft.

Any comments about the various foundations and suggestions are =

73 de Mike K8KE