[Towertalk] KLM Tribanders

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] KLM Tribanders
From: (Chuck O'Neal)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:33:30 -0400
Hi Bill,
Yes, it is very important to observe the +/- markings.  If reversed,
you will be driving that antenna 180 degrees out of phase with
the others!

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 5:22 PM

  I am in the process of building stacks with various KT 34s and KT =
34XAs that=20
  I have acquired and have been rebuilding.  I am planning on stacking =
  using the Stackmatches by WX0B.=20
  Most of the 4:1 baluns are either not marked with the typical + and -=20
  markings that are usually appear on the KLM baluns.  In addition, the =
  previously installed KT 34XA is at 65 feet and is inaccessable to =
check any=20
  +/- markings.

  Someone told me a while back that in stacking the KLMs it was =
imperative to=20
  keep the + on the same side for the entire stack.  Is this so, and if =
it is=20
  what is the reason for doing so?  I know you can check the balun with =
the MFJ=20
  259 to determine which side is which and plan to do so but does it =
  make a difference?

  Bill K4XS
  Self Supporting Towers, Wireless Weather Stations, see web site: =
  Call 888-333-9041 to place your order, mention you saw this ad and =
take an additional 5 percent off
  any weather station price.
  Towertalk mailing list