[Towertalk] CadWeld One Shots

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] CadWeld One Shots
From: (Phil - KB9CRY)
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 20:28:55 -0500
You can get the Cadwelds from any good industrial electrical supply
house.  I used the "OneShot" Cadwelds which come with the disposable
ceramic mold and welding and starting material.  For connecting #3 or #4
wire onto a 5/8 ground rod with one wire in and one wire out, I paid
about $5.50 and for two wires in each direction, I paid about $11.00
each.  If one considers that cost versus a $3 direct burial type of
ground clamp and the fact that once it's done, you never have to worry
about tightening it, etc.  I thought it was worth it.  They're real easy
to install and use and yes there's a bright flash as the weld material
ignites.  I installed about 20 of them in an afternoon.  Highly
recommended.  Phil  KB9CRY

check all this out on the web site,