[Towertalk] CadWeld One Shots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] CadWeld One Shots
From: SPELUNK.SUENO@prodigy.net (EUGENE SMAR)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 14:45:01 -0400
Al:

     I bought my Cadweld One-shots from RF Connections last year.  I concur
with Kelly's recommendation.  (The usual non-employee disclaimer applies.)

     One observation:  The pyrotechnic display from a One-shot is nothing
more than a soft "wooosh", but loads of smelly smoke.  Stay upwind from the
ground rod when you ignite the shot.  Other than that, if you read the
instructions thoroughly several times it's pretty much idiot-resistant.  You
ought to be able to smash the ceramic mold thirty seconds or so after
ignition.  (I took special care to remove all the debris from the shot from
the trench.  The ceramic shards, if left buried with the ground wires, could
nick the wire during freezing-thawing and cause problems for my tinned
copper ground wire.)

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F