[Top] [All Lists]

[Towertalk] Underground wires... outdoor ducts other than pipes?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Underground wires... outdoor ducts other than pipes?
From: FireBrick" < (FireBrick)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:24:24 -0500
You may find what you want at a concrete block manufacturer.
The U shaped block is called a 'Beam Block' and is used in an inverted
position over the steel lintels placed over door/window frames.
The come in various sizes.
I think the 8" high, 8" wide, and 16" long variety would fit your needs.
They also sell what we call "Soaps". They are slabs 8" high, 16" long and 1"
or 2" thick.

Around here, Chicago, the Beam Block would be about a $1 each. Haven't
bought any Soaps in a while but obviously they would be less.
They will deliver that amount.

Those Beam Block are heavy...hope you have muscles. lol
PS: They are not really U shaped, more of a V.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mel Martin (VE2DC)" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 3:47 PM
Subject: [Towertalk] Underground wires... outdoor ducts other than pipes?

> ==========
>  |     |
>  |_____|
> OK guys (gals)... I need a way to run wires to my tower underground (about
> 200' run). Presently I have direct buried hardline and cables... been
> for 20 years without incident... but I'd like to do it better this time...
> What I would like to find is a U shaped concrete duct with a flat slab on
> top. This would rest flush with the ground as not to interfere with the
> lawnmower... and the flat top could be lifted easily for maintenance. Only
> problem, I've been unable to locate such a product. Anyone have any
> ideas....
> Mel...
> _______________________________________________
> Self Supporting Towers, Wireless Weather Stations, see web site:
> Call 888-333-9041 to place your order, mention you saw this ad and take an
additional 5 percent off
> any weather station price.
> _______________________________________________
> Towertalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>