[Towertalk] 160m Inverted L

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] 160m Inverted L
From: (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:42:00 -0400
Hills, particularly large buildings, sometimes above ground
power/telephone/cable distribution (more an issue on 160 than 10,
certainly). The closer the building, the smaller it can be and
obstruct or attenuate signals.

Someone I knew was complaining about his vertical's low angle
performance. I went by his residence, and noted that the NE direction
was UP the street (literally), something like ten houses before things
leveled out.

It was a really nice neighborhood, and doesn't deserve the word
clutter, but for radio purposes NE it was.

When I lived in Albuquerque, the Sandia Mountains (10K+) were east of
me, and the lowest bit of sky east was up 25 degrees. Extremely
scenic, but qualifies as radio clutter.