[Towertalk] 40 MTR Trap ???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] 40 MTR Trap ???
From: Mark <AA6DX@arrl.net> (Mark)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:13:24 -0700
Yes indeedy, Tom .. that is what that is .. I had a couple pairs of them one
time ... most interesting use was one of them on the end of a longgggggg
wire .. if memory serves me, 7 1/4 ?s on 80M and 15 1/4 ?s on 40M ... with
the shield end of the coax connected to 1/4 ?s for each, using the Hy-Gain
trap ... worked like a bomb, was pointed from the north Sacramento Valley
towards Florida ... could work Cuba, etc. like falling off a log ... but
forget NY or VE2, etc........!!   I'll have to rework that math and see if
my number of multiples comes out right.......  HI ... keep on keepin ..
73 --- Mark, AA6DX