[Towertalk] Amertitron RCS8V Remote antenna switch

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Amertitron RCS8V Remote antenna switch
From: (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 22:42:03 -0300
Speaking anecdotally (sp?), I had the K8UR array on 6m for a short period of
Seemed to work quite well even w/o the shields floating.  I think something
lacked a bit
in the gain dept., but the F/S & F/B was truly awesome.  It may have worked
better with
floating shields, I dunno.
Certainly is a nice little switch.

Now that I've ripped 90% of my station apart for an expected move (that did
not materialize) I don't relish the thought
of fishing all that coax, hardline and otherwise, back underground in my PVC
pipe.  I plan to butcher the 6m array for the
coax switch to instantly give me 4 lines ! (original and 3 more)

Mike VE9Antenna Antenna