[Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?
From: (Larry Emery)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 13:55:38 -0400
Wish I had read all those T2X start cap memos....   I have an estate T2X =
that wasn't used for a couple years but was new then.  I just wired the =
T2X up through a new run of 8 conductor cable...  2-#16 and 6#18 wires.  =
The cable is 200ft long and already I notice things are hesitant to =
start turning.  I have a small weatherproof plastic box that is large =
enough to house a new start cap I have along with an 8 terminal barrier =
terminal strip.
I notice from the T2X schematic that the start cap is across pins 4 and =
8 of the connectors.  If I cut the rotor cable about 5 ft up from the =
base of the tower and put the start cap and weatherproof housing there =
will I notice any difference in T2X start operation?
Has anyone already tried this?  I can leave the other start cap in the =
control head and just insulate those particular leads out at the tower =

The T2X is on a 70ft Rohn 45  and the tower base is approximately 132ft =
from the rotor control head.  The only object being turned is an =
Optibeam 16-3 mounted at 71ft.

Thanks for any info,
Larry K1UO