[Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] T2X Start cap at tower base?
From: (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 18:56:11 -0500
The T2X manual is available for download at

Page 11 of the manual reads:
"Lack of Power
If the antenna rotation is slow or sluggish or hard to start, check for
proper voltages.  if the voltages are correct, the 130-156 MFD motor start
capacitor could be at fault."

Larry, the manual also specifies #16 and #18 control cable wire as you are
using.  So, if your voltages are okay, sack the cap and replace it, either
in the control box or at the rotator/tower.

Back to the manual: I love the first sentence in the third paragraph under
"Lack of Power":

"If the temperature is less than -300F (-340C), the rotator will be very
sluggish and hard to start."

I'm impressed that it would even work at all at that temp.

dale, kg5u