[Towertalk] Inverted L questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Inverted L questions
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:02:23 -0500
Ok Guys, Now I need your help.
My crank up tower is next to the gable wall of my house.
I ran a 14ga solid wire up the side of the tower to a standoff, through a
insulator and then horizontally above the ridge of my roof to a fir tree in
the front of the house.
Vertically it's about 50 feet.
Horizontally it's about 70 feet.

This is the best I can do. Small city lot.
I have a total of 4 radials, NE, SE. NW and SW.
They are not long, all about 65 feet.
I know that's not enough but that's all the room I have.

Out of the shack a short length, 6 feet of coax.
I have a couple BIG bread slicers to use.

So the million dollar question is....
How should I configure the matching so I can use this on 80 and 160 so I can
make a few SS contest contacts on those bands?

I know this isn't ideal.
But I'm counting on you genius types to bail me out on this....

Synonym: a word you use when you can't spell the other.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com
www.billnjudy.com
http://files.billnjudy.com