[Top] [All Lists]

[Towertalk] what drill to use ?

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] what drill to use ?
From: FireBrick" < (FireBrick)
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:18:26 -0500
As a retired Mason Contractor I may be able to help.
What you want to rent, is a Large Hammer Drill.
Available at most rental places, Home Depot rentals have them.
You get a drill with a SDS bit, that is a special type of shank that allows
drilling and turning at the same time.
It also allows the use of a chisel in the Hammer setting.
Start with a drill, and then switch to a chisel and you will make the proper
size, neat hole in less than a half hour.

Renting a diamond boring bit of 1.75" will cost about the same as a new
Alpha, if you can even find one available for renting.

I also suggest a slight upward angle to the hole you make.

Just take it slow and chisel off small bits at a time.
Good luck
----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 10:06 PM
Subject: [Towertalk] what drill to use ?

> Hi Guys ! I am bringing a 1.5 inch pvc pipe into my house which carries
> coax from the tower to my rig.  I have a brick house, does anyone know
> kind of drill bit I should use or where I can get one ?  I would like to
> a clean hole in the brick and I will continue with a wood saw to finish
> hole into the house ..  thanks
> John   KB2HUK
> _______________________________________________
> Self Supporting Towers, Wireless Weather Stations, see web site:
> Call 888-333-9041 to place your order, mention you saw this ad and take an
additional 5 percent off
> any weather station price.
> _______________________________________________
> Towertalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>