[Towertalk] Create RC5B-3 mast clamps

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Create RC5B-3 mast clamps
From: (Jim White)
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 18:50:21 -0400
Yes, this was the first rotor to raise the spectre of a crack
problem...seem to remember K5RC (perhaps Productivity Resources)
marketed a replacement set of clamps which were very good but also very
pricey - they may have been SS - but my memory is vague - this was about
20 years ago!

I have several RC5B3's and some have 4 bolt and others 6 bolt boom to
mast clamps - believe the six bolters were the later ones...

Some guys place something like emery paper in the the clamps about the
pipe to increase the resistance to not aware of a spec for
your torque wrench but if they are tight to your satisfaction and there
is slippage mebbe that is good - It seems to me there has to be a place
for something to slip otherwise something will break...and the best
place for release seems to me to be at the rotor - a lot easier re-align
that versus realign an individual yagi especially if you have stacks on
the same mast!

Anyone have an extra connector plug for an RC5B3?

To: <>