[Towertalk] Lightning Protection - Perimeter Ground

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Lightning Protection - Perimeter Ground
From: (James C. Hall, MD)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:05:39 -0500
Hi Jeff:

Mine was a bit further away than just one foot from the building - more like
2-3 feet.  I'm not sure that anything has been said about that particular
parameter before.  Intuitively, I would think that probably the further out,
the better - possibly 8 feet, the length of a ground rod.  But it has to
connect to the service ground - which is at the house.