[Towertalk] Prefabricated pipe to pipe clamps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Prefabricated pipe to pipe clamps
From: kh7u@arrl.net (Kimo Chun)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 20:42:32 -1000
Hisashi,
As you asked about "prefabricated" clamps here are some choices.
Though they may be "overkill" in your application you might look into
the following:

Celwave    PD48    "Pipe to Pipe" clampset. Good up to around 2-5/8"
  if my memory is correct.
Similar products can be had from Sinclair and DB products (they may
be under some other company now). The IIX source would be similar.
All heavy duty hot dip galvanized steel mounts used in for commercial
vertical antenna mounting on towers.

A smaller lighter plate with 2 sets of U-bolts that might fit more =
closely
can be had from Maxrad and perhaps Antennex. It depends on how
heavy your Butternut is and how strong a mount you want (or how much
you want to spend!

All are available through commercial two-way radio dealers who typically
handle Motorola, EF Johnson, Kenwood, Icom and other brands.

73, Kimo Chun KH7U

I have a 1-3/4" mast and a new old Butternut vertical (1" or 1-1/8"?) =
and
I'm trying to figure out how to clamp them together. Anyone know of any
prefabricated clamps I can use? I think Channelmaster has some "vent =
pipe"
to mast clamps that might work. The Radio Shack one wanted a much larger
vent pipe than 1-3/4".

--=20
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 =3D mocha latte

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---