[Towertalk] Re: Stripping paint from Rohn 45

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Re: Stripping paint from Rohn 45
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 07:38:39 -0400
At 07:20 AM 8/31/02 -0400, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com wrote:
>Since stripping the paint which seems to be a rather costly and /or difficult
>job, why not just wire brush the loose paint, and then sand it to a dull
>finish?

That was certainly my experience.  Anything the pressure washer wouldn't
remove, I just painted over.  Where it went down to the bare galvanizing, I
used a primer specifically formulated for galvanized metal, followed by two
coats of dark grey latex house paint.  Still looking great in its 6th year.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower