[Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Guy Anchor Question
From: (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:17:44 -0400
This has been mentioned here before, but not in quite a while. AB Chance
markets a rather varied line of earth anchors and provides substantial
documentation on their web site. Holding strength per soil type, etc are
covered in detail.

You will likely want their "No-wrench screw anchor". I used model 816 which has
an 8" blade and holds 6000# in pretty poor soil. (You want to add "-1" to the
model number to get a "thimble eye" just like the Rohn anchors).

Surf to
and click on "Anchors and Anchor Tools" under Section B. You will be interested
in the "Soil Classification Data" and the "Anchor Catalog Selection". I ordered
my anchors through Graybar at about $33 each including shipping two years ago.

73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron rossi( <><
Support Programmer for TRLog
QTH: Jericho, Vermont
My page: