[Towertalk] Connectors for CATV hardline

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Connectors for CATV hardline
From: (Glenn Little)
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 21:24:21 -0400
Try this
.  This is the result of a google search on catv + connectors. The only
connectors that I know of are the one that terminate the cable to a
junction box. As luck would have it the threads for the box are the same as
a type-N fitting.  I have used the 0.500 cable with this type
connector.  Screw the type-N housing on the connector. Determine the pin
length on the connector to mount the type-N center pin. Remove the housing,
solder the type-N pin to the connector pin and reinstall the type-N housing.

At 07:16 PM 9/5/02 -0400, Michael Gilmer wrote:
>Besides asking one's friendly neighborhood cable guy, where might one find
>(buy) connectors for 3/4inch CATV hardline?  I need about 20.
>Mike N2MG
>Self Supporting Towers, Wireless Weather Stations, see web site:
>Call 888-333-9041 to place your order, mention you saw this ad and take an
>additional 5 percent off
>any weather station price.
>Towertalk mailing list

Glenn Little                  QCWA  LM 28417
Amateur Callsign:  WB4UIV     AMSAT LM 2178
QTH:  Goose Creek, SC USA (EM92xx)                      ARRL  TAPR