[Towertalk] More on tree antenna mounts

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] More on tree antenna mounts
From: (Mike & Coreen Smith)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 11:28:38 -0300
Jon, this second idea sounds really intriguing !

> Another way is to string a guy wire between two trees; use it to hang a
> rotor upside down and a beam hangs from the rotor.

How do you get the rotor from spinning around (and not just the
mast/antenna) ?
Also, how do you H20-proof the rotor?
Wouldn't the guy wire have to be really tight?  Would the swaying of trees
break the line?

I have some tall trees here and "might" like to try something like this.