[Towertalk] yagis in trees

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] yagis in trees
From: (
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 16:48:17 EDT

>  Speaking of the time you go to all this trouble to rig up
>  something in a should go back to square one and seriously
>  consider putting up a simple tower like Rohn 25 or 45 instead.  "In the
>  picture," at least if you stick to something at the small end like Rohn
>  tower is pretty cheap, really, and then things are more standard --
>  off the shelf parts and accessories, you can climb the whole thing the
>  normal way, mount antennas at the top and sides the normal way, etc.

    True enough but trees are basically free.

    But the biggest advantage of trees over towers is that trees are NOT
REGULATED. There are virtually no ham-antenna-in-trees regulations in any
building department in the whole country. You can't say that about towers,
er...I mean antenna support structures.

Steve    K7LXC