[Towertalk] Pattern

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Pattern
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 17:36:02 -0700
I have recently acquired a good used KLM 20M6 (57 ft boom). I plan to
put it at 140 ft and load the boom for 80m as a rotary dipole, after
connecting the end elements to the boom. I have a 4 el 20 at 60ft on
another tower. In your experience, have  boom loaded yagi/dipoles shown
sharp end nulls as you would expect from a linear dipole? Have you ever
measured or estimated the end nulls. Obviously I am interested in
whether these T dipoles have the gain of a dipole over an
omnidirectional vertical. I have a full size 2 el vertical array for 80m
which works fairly well but think the high dipole might be better,
particularly for receiving.

73, Dan, N5AR