[Towertalk] Steel vs Phillystran on a Roof Tower

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Steel vs Phillystran on a Roof Tower
From: (
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:08:34 -0600
You do NOT want any conductors over 12 ft long between
insulators anywhere near an antenna for 10M.  Note that
the first insulators must be less than 5 ft from the tower
to meet this requirement since there is continuity through
the tower.

I would use Philystran or some other NON-STRETCH
non-conductor such as a rope that meets these requirements.

How much guy length could you possibly need on a roof top?
How cheap do you need it to be?

Tom  N4KG