[Towertalk] Mast Coupler

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] Mast Coupler
From: (Michael Tope)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:57:53 -0700
Actually the Orion OR-2800 does exactly what you describe, Yuri. It is
a self locking worm gear design (no brake), with a programmable ramp-up
and ramp down feature. Rotation speed can also be programmed from
something like 1/4 RPM to 2 RPM. The fastest speed is a bit much for a
large array however. When I stop the 4 element 40 meter beam/KT34XA
stack at W6UE (both with heavy duty boom options) from the highest
speed setting on the Orion, the overshoot/recoil oscillations of the
antenna/mast assembly are pretty violent [I don't make a habit of doing
this :):)].