[Towertalk] Phillystran break strength vs. diameter?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Phillystran break strength vs. diameter?
From: na9d@speakeasy.net (Jon Ogden)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:10:25 -0500
on 9/12/02 7:45 AM, K7LXC@aol.com at K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

>> It may depend on the vintage of the Phillystran.
>
> The measurements I sent were for the newer version of Phillystran which
> has been out for 10 or more years. You can tie a knot in the newer stuff -
> it's softer - and you can't in the older stuff.

I assume the jacket on the Phillystran is UV proof?  Kevlar does not do well
at all when exposed to UV for long periods of time.  It gets very brittle.
How well does the jacket protect.

I also know from my sailboat racing that Kevlar stretches over time as well.
Anyone have any issue with that and Phillystran?

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden