[Towertalk] Need Antenna Advice!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Need Antenna Advice!
From: smidtca@sprint.ca (Carl Smidt)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 08:21:50 -0300
Try it Tom and see for yourself.

On 10M I can tune to a strong station, flip the beam 180° and, in most
cases, lose the station in the mud (noise-level). Theory and modeling are
great, but real-life experiences sometimes differ.

A few of us have ventured into the 'unknown' and have been delighted at the
results.

The next step in this innovative design will be a longer boom and more
elements and, of course, at a much higher cost.

However, to see your beam being tuned to the exact operating frequency as
you tune your transceiver, with a VSWR of 1.1 : 1.0 and then being answered
by the other station, in a pile-up, usually on the first or second call,
with your linear sitting there cold and unused, feeling totally left out, is
exhilarating, at least to me.

Being the only one in Canada with one, feels pretty good also, even though
this particular uniqueness won't be long lasting.

Try one, you will like it!

73,   Carl   VE9OV