[Towertalk] The StepIR

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] The StepIR
From: Mark <> (Mark)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 19:38:24 -0700
Just a funny .. back when, in 1965, my first beam was a TH6-DX .. how long
ago?  It was delivered by TRAIN .. Railway Express Agency .. I was too antsy
to wait for the REA truck to deliver to my rural site .. so picked it up ..
first thing in ham radio I got a "whuppin" for .. XYL did not know I had
charged it .. I t was from AES, and I had one of their "charge cards' ..
within about 8 months, had DXCC .. remember.. no transceiver, no nets, no
computer  PERHAPS  a few heads-up telephone calls, though!  73 .. Mark  6dx