[Towertalk] US Towers..Lousy Support

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] US Towers..Lousy Support
From: (Robin Midgett)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:06:17 -0500
Along the same note, I've been trying to get US Towers to help me with a
tower that I have & would like to refurbish. I have left six or more
messages, sent E-mail after E-mail, and gotten only one response telling me
the tower should be replaced. I've gotten no return calls after leaving
multiple messages over a span of five weeks. I guess they don't want to
support their products, only sell new ones. I'll not consider purchasing
one of their products again.

At 06:43 PM 9/17/2002 -0400, Chuck Counselman wrote:
>>>unfortunately, US Towers says they "don't have the yield strength"
>>>for their masts....
>>>73, David K4ZZR
>The building code in my area (eastern MA) requires 90-mph-wind survival,
>so I sent email to US Towers (at the address given on their website)
>asking whether any of their towers can survive 90-mph wind, and if so,
>with how many sq. ft. of antenna on top, and with what guying.  I got an
>unresponsive reply so I asked again.  This time I got no response at
>all.  I conclude that no US Towers tower can survive 90 mph, even with no
>On the Rohn website, you find very detailed wind-loading info.
>73 de Chuck, W1HIS
>Self Supporting Towers, Wireless Weather Stations, see web site:
>Call 888-333-9041 to place your order, mention you saw this ad and take an
>additional 5 percent off
>any weather station price.
>Towertalk mailing list

Robin Midgett KB4IDC