[Towertalk] TH-7 Rework

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH-7 Rework
From: w5asp@earthlink.net (Joe)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 00:34:56 -0500
We have to refurbish a TH-7 which has been on the tower for a number of =
years.  It's performance
has definitely dropped off, although it still seems to "work", and =
doesn't show any signs of high SWR or intermittant power glitches under =
full load.  It's in a "tropical, ocean front" environment' i.e. on a =
Caribbean island.
=20
We would like to get any suggestions we can as to what steps we should =
take to put the antenna back in top notch condition.  The question of =
just how best to check the traps seems to be a key issue. We'll will =
only have an MFJ antenna analyzer as test equipment.=20
=20
Any thoughts, ideas, or "been there, done that" comments would sure =
help.
=20
Perhaps it would take some load off the Reflector it the replies were =
sent direct.
=20
w5asp@earthlink.net
=20