[Towertalk] A new Trick

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] A new Trick
From: lew@teleport.com (Lew)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:56:21 -0700
A new thing I learned.  When you buy a bunch of Rohn sections, if you're
not going to put the sections together and up soon, push or fish the
little plastic container that has the nuts and bolts out and put them
someplace important...like your underwear drawer..
      I procrastinated for a few years in replacing a 40' tower and left
the hardware in the tower legs. When I pushed them out, it appears that
the containers were still hermetically intact..but the condensation had
seriously impacted the hardware with a nasty coat of rust. I shook water
out of the little containers along with clumps of hardware.
      After some serious action with stiff brushes and hallucinogenic
solvents, they cleaned up pretty well...so I used them. But it took
extra time and I still feel a bit small.  BTW... keeping  this type of
important hardware in the sock or underwear drawer, you'll receive
typically a daily reminder that you really need to get the tower up.
Personal hygiene may dictate the frequency of reminders however...
    73 and I remain,
     Lew   W7EW/W7AT