[Towertalk] TH-7 Rework

To: <>
Subject: [Towertalk] TH-7 Rework
From: (Joe Staples)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:37:48 -0500
We have to refurbish a TH-7 which has been on the tower for a number of =
years.  It's performance
has definitely dropped off, although it still seems to "work", and =
doesn't show any signs of high SWR or intermittant power glitches under =
full load.  It's in a "tropical, ocean front" environment.

We would like to get any suggestions we can as to what steps we could =
take to put the antenna back in top notch condition.  The question of =
just how best to check the traps seems to be a key issue. We'll only =
have an MFJ antenna analyzer as test equipment.=20

Any thoughts, ideas, or "been there, done that" comments would sure =

Perhaps it would take some load off the Reflector it the replies were =
sent direct.

Joe, W5ASP